Saturday, May 28, 2011

Calling All Magaziners


I just wanted to make a note of a website I've found helpful during this ever-searching time in my life.

I stumbled upon it during one of my positive-turned-frantic Google searches, usually starting with something like "new job" and ending (dramatically) with a phrase along the lines of "find me a job that doesn't suck blah blah this BLOWS."

Perhaps not word for word, but sadly, how damn close it comes.

Anyway, should you be like me and also interested in a job that leans towards the creative end of the spectrum, particularly in anything having to do with writing, editing, photography, or graphic design, let me introduce you to www.ed2010.com. I found this pretty awesome website through one of my more productive online pursuits. I believe what I typed in the search bar was "magazine jobs." It can be that simple.

Ed2010 is pretty much as cool as it gets. They're a group of volunteers (imagine that) who not only want the same jobs as you, but want to help you from whatever state you're in; laid-off, college-grad, switching gears, etc. Realizing that it's a competitive market, they started this website with a little golden-rule attitude. They're doing unto others, constantly giving tips on nailing the right job, the perfect interview, and of course, daily listing new opportunities (ranging from freelance to temporary to full-time) for those who seek.

I've applied for a lot of positions using Ed. I visit their site daily. That's part of remaining consistent in such a time as this. Find the places that appeal to you, the sites that share openings that just scream "THIS IS ME, PICK ME," and keep checking back. Nope, no response yet, but. Any day now. That's just the way I choose to spin this.

And just like that, glass half full.




No comments:

Post a Comment