Friday, July 22, 2011

And so ...


Today a strange thing happened.

A woman named Sarah with a cheery phone persona, who informed me that she loves the summer heat (it's true, she said it), called and asked if I would like to come in for a job interview.

At a bank. As a part-time teller.

In the same town in which I already already work.

HEY. An interview is an interview and while I'm not over the moon about it (I'm not, am I?), it wasn't a bad feeling to be called by someone, anyone, who found me interesting enough or at least QUALIFIED enough to do something.

I'm doing my best to not shut it down in my head before I hear the details of the position, plus the important stuff = what it pays, the benefits, etc. Because whether we want to face it or not, unless it's the dream job and we're doing exactly what we want to do and dental be damned, then those things have to matter and factor into our decision-making.

Realistically speaking, it's probably not going to pan out to be more beneficial for me than the situation in which I already (annnd regrettably) find myself.

However, it IS a salute to that hope I refer to every now and then, which glows a little brighter now with this slight encouragement. Sure, it's a candle, not a torch. But I'll take it. Though I tend to be the queen of prejudging most situations (which takes a fight, trust me), I'll try to wait until I can draw a real verdict after 10AM this coming Tuesday. My impatience is itching at me, like wearing wool in this goddamn heat wave. But a few deep breaths and the realization that hearing Sarah out won't cost me a thing, might inform me, might enlighten me, might clear a certain air, that will help.

Right?

(A reminder, to myself more than anyone: This is all temporary to me, which is as relative as the permanence of things. That is the part that gets a little frightening, which is why I remind myself that the temperance aspect is always my decision. Sure, I need to make a little more money [or a lot more, but then again, who doesn't] if I'm going to be able to enact some real change on my situation, if I'm going to be able to work out the basics of what I want out of the purest form of being here. How I get there is the unknown. Making coffee, cashing checks, FOR NOW, it is all the same. I'm trying to be flexible without losing myself. It's a long road, but I'll take the traveler's life.)

Updates after Tuesday.






No comments:

Post a Comment